Introduction to Study Abroad
Sacred Heart University Study Abroad Opportunities
The Office of Global Affairs (OGA) offers a variety of opportunities around the world for SHU and visiting students- with programming that supports a broad range of educational, professional, and personal objectives. There is no better way to learn about yourself, expand your worldview, acquire marketable skills, and develop the habits of mind, heart, and spirit that will prepare you to engage purposefully in a global world.
We offer more than 100 programs in over 30 countries. Spend a semester, a year, a month, or two weeks abroad earning academic credit and gaining the kind of knowledge that a study abroad experience can provide. Courses completed on a SHU study abroad program may fulfill general education, elective, or major/minor credits, enabling you, regardless of your academic plan, to study abroad and graduate according to your schedule.
· Attend study abroad events (link to Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/shustudyabroad
· Consult a study abroad advisor (link to contact page) https://sacredheart-sa.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=StaffMain.StaffDetails&Staff_ID=8723
· Explore program options (link to programs page) https://sacredheart-sa.terradotta.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Programs.AdvancedSearch
· Consult your academic advisor
· Apply/renew your passport
· Apply to your program- Applications are available online one semester before the program start date.
Carrie Wojenski, Ed.D.
Director of Global Affairs | Sacred Heart University
For a complete list of all the current programs available to SHU students, click here.
Study Abroad Research
The Institute of International Education published this White Paper in May of 2009 which addresses issues concerning study abroad for U.S. college students.